QuickBooks Error 6073,99001 is an error that mostly occurs when a user is trying to access the QuickBooks accounting software and this error majorly arises when the user of QuickBooks accounting software is trying to get access to the company files in which data of the company is saved.
When this error arises in the computer system the user gets notified through a pop-up box stating “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file.As any other user might have gone through it and opened it.”
CAUSES OF QuickBooks ERROR 6073,99001
Some of the major reasons why QuickBooks error 6073,99001 strikes the user of the QuickBooks accounting software are mentioned below:-
- When single user mode is activated in the software.
- Company file where data of the company is saved is stored in a “read-only” network.
- The software downloaded in your computer system is Linux which hampers the performance of QuickBooks accounting software.
RESOLVING QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6073, 99001
There are many ways in which this QuickBooks error can be resolved but some of the best and simplest ways are mentioned below. But if the error still strikes again it is recommended to contact the help desk of QuickBooks accounting software.
Also, keep in mind to follow the following steps of given resolutions in the mentioned sequence.
RESOLUTION-1 Installing QuickBooks File doctor.
- Download it using the normal and the basic procedure.
RESOLUTION-2 Manually resolving the error.
If single user mode is activated on different device follow the following steps:-
- Shut down QuickBooks accounting software.
- Now access to the data of the company on the hosting device.
- Now go to file and get access to multi-user mode.
If the mode that is activated via a single user on the host computer, in that case, follow the below-listed steps:
- Navigate to files and choose “select company”.
- Now shut and open the company files once again.
- Now click on “open company file”.
- Now click on “next”.
- Now select the file of the company.
When the company file can only be accessed in “read only network”.
- Move to the hosted computer.
- Go to the company files.
- Now open “properties”.
- Move to Security tab and go to “edit”.
- Tick “allow” on the checkbox prompted.
- Then choose “select” and enter “Ok”