QuickBooks Error H505 occurs in the software when there is a problem in hosting set up, and multiple users are using the software.
This QuickBooks error is one of the most common errors and also one of the most frequently occurring errors along with 600082, H101, H202, and H303 that arises in the software because of the same reason as Quick Books error H505.
Symptoms of QB Error H505
- The Windows respond slowly and function sluggishly to the input devices, mouse as well as keyboard.
- There are some crashes in the desktop at the time of running Quickbooks
- There is a sudden freeze on the computer screen for a few seconds and sometimes minutes.
- The Display Screen shows the Error, i.e. QB Error code H505
- At times, QB H505 Error Pop up and crashes an active program tab.
This error usually shows up at the time of installing of the program, while an Intuit Inc.-related software program is running, during the Windows shutdown or startup, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Causes Of Quickbooks Error H505.
- When a company file is being accessed, which is stored on the different computer system and it becomes for the server and software to connect.
- QuickBooks software fails to connect with the server.
- When to get access to the company file, which is stored on the different computer system and requires extra formalities and set up to operate.
- When antivirus software in the computer system does not allow the computer to get access to the company file.
- QuickBooks accounting software is not able to locate the Internet protocol address of the device where the company file can be accessed.
- When the (.)ND file stored in the computer system is damaged.
- When settings of hosting configuration have an error or are incorrect.
WHEN MULTI-USER MODE OF QUICKBOOKS DOES NOT WORKS
- Users using QuickBooks accounting software often complaints that there multi-user mode of QuickBooks does not works, but it is found that in many situations multi-user mode is not enabled, and in such cases, QuickBooks error H505 arises.
METHODS TO FIX QUICKBOOKS ERROR H505
Below given are some recommended solutions that can to fix Quickbooks error H505 quickly.
Method 1- Change settings for the firewall.
- Go to start and click control panel.
- Go to control panel and search for firewall settings.
- Navigate to firewall settings and then click on “allow a program through firewall”.
- Click on add program and add QuickBooks 20XX to the list of exceptions.
- Now, at last, to ensure the changes restart your computer system.
If the error persists, then you can go to the next solution.
Method 2 – Understanding settings of QuickBooks hosting.
- If a multi-user open QuickBooks application on both the computer system.
- Go to file click on utilities and choose “ stop hosting multi-user configuration”.
- Then turn on hosting by file in one computer and then go to utilities and choose host multi-user configuration.
- Now, restart both the devices again.
Method 3 – Make changes to the location folder of QuickBooks software.
Step: Create a new folder on the host computer and go to “share it” and then choose set windows to assess permissions to share company files.
Method 4 – In this solution, Create a New Folder in the Company File
- To start with, Create a ‘Replacement folder on the hosting computer system.
- Secondly, you need to share the Windows access permissions & original folder so as to share the QuickBooks company files
- In case you do not have permission or unable to access the digital system then, It is advisable to reach a skilled IT professional or can even contact us and get assistance by our Industry Certified and Professional Support team.
- Now, Go to the new folder that you created & paste the .qbw file in the multi-user mode again.
- lastly, Try to open the company files, if it opens, the issue has been solved.
If getting the same “QuickBooks Error Code H505” after using the following steps, quickly get in touch with our professional Technical Support executive. We are just a call way for any technical assistance 24*7.