Basically these errors occurs when company file is saved in an inappropriate folder. Let us study in brief about the causes and solutions to fix the QuickBooks error-6000-77
There are many reasons for occurring the QuickBooks error message -6000 -77
- When you give the inappropriate permission to the folder where company file is saved.
- The file on which you are working should be connected on a network or local drive that is saved in external storage device.
- Quickbooks runs in a multi user mode which helps in discussing the problem with the user.
- Firstly you need to check that how many files are opened at that point of time at referred to mapped drive in the software Quickbooks?
It’s results in damaging or corrupting the software Quickbooks.
Note: There are numerous number of solutions but the best way to fix this error is to restart the system or device its will starts from the scratch.
Ways to overcome these Quickbooks error-6000-77.
Basically We know 4 ways to resolve these errors.
Solution 1: To solve these error you have to re-create your company folder.
- In your computer/laptop make a new folder in drive C.
- Now open that file which you made earlier the old company file.
- There might be number of files in that location and find the file that has the extension .qbw file, for example: company_file.qbw.
- In these files choose and copy the .qbw file.
- Now open the new company file folder and paste the file which we has choose in step 4.
- Make the setting and properties according to the needs of yourself and share the company file.
- In last step open your QuickBooks desktop and now open your company file from other place.
Solution 2: To start with the QuickBooks file doctor software.
- Search on google to download QuickBook File Doctor & then install it, that may help you the most to troubleshoot the major errors.
- Start used the QuickBooks file doctor software to overcome the solution of this problem.
Solution 3: To fix this error we should rename .ND and .TLG files:
We have to rewrite both the extension .ND and .TLG. These extension helps the user to order the files which allows QuickBooks Desktop to enter company file in network or multi-user mode. In opening the QuickBooks desktop both these extensions can cause the error. By changing the names of these files there is no loss of data because of QuickBooks database server manager, this software is automatically reproduced.
- Start the device and open that folder which has company file.
- Now search those files which has same names as company file and have the extension .ND and .TLG, for example-johncompany_file.qwb.ND, sidcompany_file.qbw.TLG
- Select these extension .nd/ .tlg file and rename these files. To add the word “.old” in the last of company file and click enter button. For example- johncompany_file.qbw.nd.old, sidcompany_file.qbw.tlg.old
Solution 4: We can fix these error by using UNC path rather than mapped drive.
- Select the QuickBooks icon from the desktop, press the ctrl key and select run as an administrator. Hold the ctrl key when you don’t have any company open window.
- From the left pane , select the network and navigate to locate your company file.
- Now in this last step chose the company file and open the file by clicking on the tab.