A user faces error-6000-83 in the QuickBooks accounting software when he is trying to access the company files.
CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR-6000-83
This QuickBooks error mainly occurs because of several reasons.
- If a user wants to get access to the company file and use it, he/she must have permission and rights to get access to the company files.
- Antivirus software that you are using to protect your computer system from malware and virus, that must not block the QuickBooks files.
- Only a single user should get access to the company file no multiple users are allowed.
- File extension of the company file must be accurate.
- Company file must not be damaged.
Note: Make sure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks as you might face errors in the old version, so to free yourself from unwanted bugs, it is highly advised that you upgrade or update to the latest version that the company has aired. If you face issue in the new version, follow the steps given below to resolve the errors and run your software smoothly.
RESOLVING QUICKBOOKS ERROR-6000-83
Reason 1 – When the company file is being accessed on the windows server computer.
Solution- Installing QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Reason 2 – When QuickBooks is being accessed on multiple devices.
- Firstly hosting should be turn off from all the devices except the devices connected to the main server.
- Secondly, select file then clicks on utilities and if host multiple user access is turned on then the computer is not hosting QuickBooks file.
- But if “stop hosting multiple users “is available then select yes and also select yes to” company file must be closed” and now perform this step on all devices.
Reason 3 – When the backup is taken by the user.
Solution- A manual backup must be taken and stored in c drive.
Reason 4 – When the company file is being restored.
Solution – File extension of the company file must be changed to .qbw from. qbw.adr or .qbm