While opening a company file, there can be number of errors that might bother you, if the error that you get is error -6000, XXX, then you are on the right place to understand how to deal with it. The Error is usually accompanied with 3 to 4 digit that states that you are not able to open the company file.
Note: Please ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks; the old version may trouble you with indefinite errors, so keep your software updated to the latest version that the company has rolled out recently.
Resolution 1: The best way is navigate to the sample company file & open it.
By navigating to the sample company file, the major concern is to identify where is the real problem, is it the sample company file or it’s the QuickBooks application. To troubleshoot any error, it’s essential to go through the route cause, if the sample company file does not get open and still gives the error that clearly means that there is an issue with installation QuickBooks or it has damaged and need to be fixed up.
- Firstly, navigate to “No Company Open” window, and then click on “Open a Sample File”.
- Secondly, Select any out of the list of sample company files.
- Thirdly, the sample company file may open up now & if it does, refer to resolution 2 given below to proceed further & if the error still persists, you may reach us via call and we will assist you in the best possible way.
Resolution 2: For this, make sure you copy all the QuickBooks files to your computer system.
By copying the file to the device or computer system, the main motive is to identify that, is there any problem with the location of the file, or not. If the file opens on the desktop that obviously means that the error is with the location of the file or with the space, or you might have exceeded the space limit.
If you still face the issue even after copying it to the desktop that means that there is no issue with the location and the file is damaged & it needs to be fixed up.
For doing so, you can follow the steps given below:
- Navigate and open the folder that has the company file.
- Identify the file,that has the name extension with .QBW.
- To copy the file to the desktop, right click on the file and click on copy and then come over to the desktop or to the system location where you want to paste the file, right click on the blank location and right click there, and select paste.
- By holding down the ctrl button on your keyboard, click on QuickBooks to open it, so that you end up at the “No Company Open window”.
- Click on the option “Open or restore an existing company”.
- Now come back to the desktop & try to locate the company file you pasted and open that.
Note: The error may troubleshoot via these solutions, if it still persists, you may try the ways given below to hit the error at the right spot.
Resolution 3: Rename the files that has name extension with and “.TLG” & “.ND”.
There are number of files in QuickBooks, out of them the major files that can help you to fix this error are the ones with extension “.TLG” & “.ND”.
Keep in mind that, If you will Rename the files, you will not loose any data that has been saved in the files. These are the files that gets auto re-create when you will rescan using the QDSM that stands for QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
There are few steps you need to follow when you will open the company file in QuickBooks.
- Navigate and then open the company file via the folder where the company file is saved.
- Now, you need to find the files that have the same file name as of the name you have kept for your company files but with different extensions that are .ND and .TLG.
For Instances, you can refer the names given below:
- Right click on both the files one by one and then right click on it and select rename.
- After Renaming, add “.old” as a suffix to the extension of the name of both the files & save it.
Example: company file .qbw.nd.OLD
- Now, after this, the issue may have got resolved, if the issue still persists, we are just a call away.