QuickBooks error 6150 is displayed when you are trying to open, create and used the company file.
Reasons why this error lead to display the message:
- The file of the company is infected by virus
- Download of QuickBooks is harmed and untrustworthy.
- QBW and company file is harmed. Make a portable backup file.
- Opening of movable file without opening the QuickBooks.
- You have changed or improper typed extension for QuickBooks file.
- Trying to save the QuickBooks file in Macintosh with the similar QuickBooks file used in windows.
Different methods or steps to fix this error:
- If you are having error message which is linked with the file-extension of company file then you can consider the file extension or saving the company file with a correct extension.
- Confirm that the company file is opening on different system.
- Reopen QuickBooks if the file is not up to date.
- Save QuickBooks for Macintosh in Mac-system or not in windows based system and vice versa.
- In your system you should have a proper updated antivirus before opening the company file.
Method 1: Store the data from backup.
- Hover to the QuickBooks and press on file, next press on open or restore company.
- Choose the restore and make a backup copy and press on next.
- Now choose the local backup and press on next button.
- From the look-in drop drown menu choose the location of file from the backup.
- Now selecting the backup with the .qbb extension.
- Press open followed by next button.
- Hover to the save in drop down menu and search for a location to restore the backup files.
- In file name field write new company filename and check that it automatically save the restored file in .qbw format.
- Now press yes and write yes for giving the permission for the process.
Limitations of backup restore are given below:
- No availability of latest backup.
- Restoring of data does not provide the adequate results.
- Most of the users does not know the benefits of backup.
Method 2: Make a new QuickBooks desktop file from the starting.
- On your system open QuickBooks desktop.
- Now on the window of no company open, make a new company.
- Hover to the QuickBooks setup window and add the required information.
- Create a folder named as company and start using it.
- Make customers columns, charts of accounts and service on the folder of company.
Limitations of making a new QuickBooks desktop file from the starting.
- The data of system is old so it is not accessible.
- You cannot share your files over the network.
Method 3: With the use of QB auto recovery you should recover your lost data.
Using of your current transaction log file and a backup of company file will recreate lost transactions.
This help in recreating the complete data except those transactions which are done in last few hours with the help of company file and transaction log file.
Limitations of recovery the lost data with QB auto recovery are:
- Limited file size.
- Accountant solutions are not available.
- Auto recovery is not possible with these software QB pro, Premier and enterprise solutions.
Method 4: For QuickBooks software using of stellar repair.
- Download the software and press on the select file button to work on the corrupt company file.
- Scan the file and verify the file content by previewing the data.
- Press on browser button and choose the location for new company file.
- Choose QuickBooks version and press the start button.