Reasons why this error occurs
When you open company file into multi-user mode shows an error, when you want to have a connection between the company desktop and company files and not able to communicate with the server.
Quick Books Error H202
- The error occurs when you might be working in a company file that is saved in another computing device, and this duplicate of the file is not able to connect out to the server on that system of QuickBooks.
- This error may even arise when the Quick Books software is not able to maintain a flow of communication between the server and the system.
Error code H505, H101, H303
- These errors occur when you have been trying to work on some of the company files that are there in a computer system, and the device requires setup, installation, or updates.
Reasons for the occurrence of this error
- When you enter the incorrect details in hosting configuration setting.
- When your system has the incorrect DNS.
- Quick Books firewall is blocked from accessing the company files from communicating.
- Services are not started for Quick Books.
- The IP address of the host computer and are unable to find by the QuickBooks database server manager.
Solutions to solve these error code H101, H202, H303, or H505
Solution 1: QuickBooks file doctor: download the QuickBooks file doctor on the system. It will clear all the H series and multi-user error from the system and if still the problem is not cured follow the other solution.
Solution 2: This solution would lead to hosting and services.
For verifying the hosting, you need to follow these steps:
- Open Quick Books on each hosting computer and open the file and go to utilities.
- Check the host of multi-user access on the list of computers and do work on the other computer and note that doesn’t change anything in any workstation.
- Select the stop hosting multi-user access when you see it.
- Now the company file must be on a closed window.
Verify the services & hosting to fix this error.
- Start the QuickBooks DBXX and QBCF monitor service.
- Scroll down to the service window and click on the Quick Books DBXX Service.
- If you are unable to see the QuickBooks DBXX service than you should install the database server manager if you want to run the full program you need to open the QuickBooks and have a check that hosting is enabled.
- Select the QuickBooks DBXX service and give permission for startup and service status is begun.
- Press on recovery and restart your system; this will automatically fix the service if it fails to do then do the same step for the second failure.
- Save all the changes and do the same steps for QBCF monitor service.
- Now in this open the QuickBooks in all your workstations.
- In the hosting computer, make a new folder and should set the permissions for sharing the files among other systems.
- Now make a new folder & then copy the .qbw file in that new folder.
- Lastly, try to open the company file In the multi-user mode, if still not resolved, try the solution given below.
Solution 4: It is straightforward in this you should add or edit the server into the windows host file.
Solution 5: New ports to communicate configure the firewall
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender that comes built into home Windows 8. For any queries, contact the AVG guide provider or if you would like to maintain the AVG software. Follow the given steps on each computer:
- Have a connection with the firewall of windows settings.
- On the left side, there are outbound rules and click the new rule.
- Choose ports and press next.
- Select the TCP from the specific local ports box.
- Press next and allow the connection for working and write the name in the field of name and press finish.
- For inbound rules repeat all the above steps.
- Now in multi-user mode, open the QuickBooks.