There are different ways to come over any error in QuickBooks, as far as error -6000 -82 is concerned, there are 3 different ways to come over it.
Note: Make sure you are working on the latest version of QuickBooks to relax from any error. Still, if you are facing error -6000 -82, to resolve it, make sure you follow the steps that are given below in the proper sequence.
Make sure that you eliminate space before company file extension & after the name of the company:
- Firstly, it’s essential to sign out QuickBooks from all of your devices.
- Secondly, open the folder location of the company file.
- Thirdly, after navigating to the company file, right click on it and select the option “rename”.
- Then, check the space between a file extension and the company’s name and delete the space between them, if any.
- Lastly, now give it a try in creating a company file or opening it.
With the above-given resolution, the error might get resolved, if not you can try the resolution 2 given below:
To start with, make sure you switch off hosting with every device where you have installed QuickBooks.
For Single-User Access:
Note: Make sure when you will turn off hosting, the access for multi-user would be denied after that.
- Firstly, Navigate to “File”>then click on “utilities” > and select “stop hosting multi-user access”.
- A dialog box will appear, hit “YES” to stop the hosting for multi-user access.
- Lastly, a dialog box will pop up stating “Company file must be closed”, with 2 options “YES” and “NO”, select “YES”.
For Multi-User Access:
Note: This is one of the most frequent error that indicates that there are a number of computers systems that have not been set up in the right way on a multi-user access.
- There would be a display error on every client device, to fix that the steps would be:
- Navigate to No Company Open window, select the option “File”, and then select Utilities.
- Don’t forget to confirm “Host multi-user access” under menu option.
- Over 1-client devices may show the menu option, “stop hosting multi-user access”, by which you can depict that they are currently using multi-user access.
- Once you are through with above steps, make sure to select the option “stop hosting multi-user access” option on the client devices, and then follow up the prompts that come after that to stop the hosting.
- Give it a try to open the problem file.
- Lastly, the login window should display without any errors, if the issue still occurs, refer below to resolution.
The issue should probably get resolved by the above 2 ways, but if still, the issue does not get resolved by these ways, please proceed to Solution 3 ⇓
The Last solution is to restart the computer system of the client. If you still can’t come over the issue, the best option is to restart the computer system as that will bring you at the scratch position and would eliminate the errors, and may relax you from all the errors.