QuickBooks Error H505 occurs in software when there is problem in hosting set up and the software is being used by multiple users.
This QuickBooks error is one of the most common errors and also one of the most frequent occurring errors along with 600082,H101, H202, H303 and H505 that occurs in the software because of the same reason as QuickBooks error H505.
CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR H505
- When company file is being accessed which is stored on different computer system and it becomes for the server and software to connect with each other.
- QuickBooks software fails to connect with server.
- When to get access to the company file, which is stored on different computer system and requires extra formalities and setup to operate.
- When antivirus software in the computer system does not allow the computer to get access to the company file.
- When QuickBooks accounting software is not able to locate the Internet protocol address of the device where company file can be accessed.
- When the .ND file stored in the computer system is damaged.
- When settings of hosting configuration shows error.
METHODS FOR FIX ERROR H505
Method 1- Change settings for firewall.
- Go to start and click control panel.
- Go to control panel and search for firewall settings.
- Navigate to firewall settings and then click on “allow a program through firewall”.
- Click on add program and add QuickBooks 20XX to the list of exceptions.
- Now at last to ensure the changes restart your computer system.
Method 2 – Understanding settings of QuickBooks hosting.
- If a multi-user open QuickBooks application on both the computer system.
- Go to file click on utilities and choose “ stop hosting multi-user configuration”.
- Then turn on hosting by file in one computer and then go to utilities and choose host multi-user configuration.
- Now, restart both the devices again.
Method 3 – Make changes to the location folder of QuickBooks software.
Step: Create a new folder on the host computer and go to “share it” and then choose set windows assess permissions to share company files.
WHEN MULTI-USER MODE OF QUICKBOOKS DOES NOT WORKS
- Users using QuickBooks accounting software often complaints that there multi-user mode of QuickBooks does not works but it is found that in many situations multi-user mode is not enabled and in such cases QuickBooks error H505 arises.