This error is very common and its shows us the parameter is incorrect when you open your company file and its shows that you don’t have the right to permanently delete the file and you should have all the rights to access the company file.
Reasons why this error occur.
- The QuickBooks software you install is damaged.
- This software can’t analysis the company file because the file extension is changed.
- The type of extension used in windows is wrong some extension are: .qbm, .qbb, .qbx.
- The user is using the third party firewall which is not suitable for this software.
- When you open your portable file without having the QuickBooks software.
- You are working on that file which is not suitable for the usb flash drive.
- This software helps in identify the damage in your file at that time when you install the QuickBooks.
Resolutions to fix this error:
Resolutions 1: Installation of QuickBooks desktop should be clean.
- You should properly install the software at the time of uninstalling and reinstalling of QuickBooks desktop software.
Resolutions 2: When file saved in mac are changed into windows.
- You should use the function backup in windows and covert this software from mac to windows.
Resolutions 3: Fix by using the QuickBooks file doctor.
- Firstly you should download this software.
- Now install this software and use in your system.
Resolution 4: Arrangement of Bitdefender to permit QuickBooks Desktop Communication.
- You should open your system and go to Bitdefender 10.0 main menu and chose antivirus.
- After doing this select the custom level and select that path which is exclude from the scan.
- After doing all these steps choose the new item in your system.
- Now in last step select the mapped drive or UNC path which is used to search the company fie. E.g: “Q:\”
Resolution 5: To fix this error we have to justify the company file name extension.
- Select the company file and choose the properties function.
- Press the QuickBooks tab jot down the file extension in the field of filename and latest version of QuickBooks opened in a file.
- Now last step is to select and press ok.
Now change your extension.
- Make new folder and paste the company file into this folder.
- Now change the name of new folder and also the file extension to .qbm.
- Save the changes and restore the portable by opening QuickBooks Desktop.
- If you still faces the problem then rename the extension to .qbb.
- Open QuickBooks desktop software and done the backup.
- If still your file is not open rename the extension to .qbx
- Lastly open QuickBooks software and convert to an accounting copy.