Intuit QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software that assists the user in registering all the financial transactional data and analysis reports between the different companies. There may be a possibility that you might not able to restore the backup. In this blog, you will find a way to troubleshoot this error in different ways.
You may see the error while opening a company file from another network server, upgrading a company file to QuickBooks or maybe while restoring a backup. Sometimes, when a user is trying to restore company files of QB from backup. At times when the user tries to get access to QuickBooks, he/she faces QuickBooks error 6123 in the form of a pop-up box that appears on the screen.
Below, we have discussed the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 6123 & all the solutions that would help you to fix the issue.
REASONS FOR QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6123
- When the company file is being restored from foreign devices.
- Disturbance in the network connection.
- When QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- Antivirus software acts as a barrier to open the company file.
- When MacAfee antivirus software is used in the computer system that does not allow the computer to access the QuickBooks software.
- Windows in the computer system are QB damaged.
METHODS TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR.
Method 1 – Using and installing QuickBooks file doctor.
- Install QuickBooks file doctor.
- Open the company file.
- Diagnose file by selecting ‘check file damage only.
- A pop-up box will appear asking your admin password. Type admin password and enter Ok.
- Go to ‘open file in newer versions’.
- Go through remaining steps that will appear on your computer screen.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2 – Rename file .ND.OLD from .ND File.
- Open the company file.
- Select the company file with corresponding .ND
- Select rename by right-clicking on the company file.
- Rename file .ND.OLD from .ND File.
- In the same way. TLG files must be renamed to (.)TLG.OLD.
- Now try getting access to the QuickBooks company file.
|How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000?
How to Quickly Fix QuickBooks Error -6000 -82?
Method 3 – Try to shift the company file to a new location in your computer system.
Step: If the previous method does not solve your error then try to shift your company files to a new location and then reopen it And if a server connection is being used then quick books must be copied to the same computer.
Method 4 – Using the auto data recovery method.
If your company file is corrupted then adr copy of the file must be restored.
Method 5 – Firewalls must be disabled.
Step: At times firewalls and antivirus software of the system interfere in the working of the QuickBooks software and thus it is advisable to disable the firewalls system.
|How to Fix QuickBooks Error-6000-83?
How To Fix QuickBooks Error -6000 -77?
Method 6 – Try reinstalling quickbooks.
- Firstly uninstall the current QuickBooks software from the computer system.
- Download the latest version of your QuickBooks software.
- Install it through the normal procedure.
- Provide with the licensed and required information.
- Access to the company file.
Method 7 – Creating a new window user.
- Access to the control panel.
- Go to ‘create new user’ option available in the user icon.
- set user type to the administrator.
- From the existing window, the user must log out.
- Restart the computer.
- Company file must be a move to the desktop.
- Now access the company file in QuickBooks.
Now, after this, the issue may have got resolved; if the Quickbooks error 6123 persists, we are just a call away.