At times when user tries to get access to QuickBooks he/she faces QuickBooks error 6123 in the form of a pop up box that appears on screen.
REASONS FOR QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6123
- When company file is being restored from foreign devices.
- Disturbance in the network connection.
- When QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- When antivirus software acts as a barrier to open the company file.
- When MacAfee antivirus software is used in the computer system that does not allow the computer to access the QuickBooks software.
- Windows in the computer system is damaged.
RESOLVING QUICKBOOKS ERROR.
Method 1 – Using and installing QuickBooks file doctor.
- Install QuickBooks file doctor.
- Open the company file.
- Diagnose file by selecting ‘check file damage only.
- A pop-up box will appear asking your admin password. Type admin password and enter Ok.
- Go to ‘open file in newer versions’.
- Go through remaining steps that will appear on your computer screen.
- Restart your computer.
Method 2 – Rename file .ND.OLD from .ND File.
- Open the company file.
- Select the company file with corresponding .ND
- Select rename by right clicking on the company file.
- Rename file .ND.OLD from .ND File.
- In the same way. TLG files must be renamed to .TLG.OLD.
- Now try getting access to the QuickBooks company file.
Method 3 – Try to shift company file to a new location in your computer system.
Step: If previous method does not solve your error then try shift your company files to a new location and then reopen it And if server connection is being used then quick books must be copied to the same computer.
Method 4 – Using auto data recovery method.
Step: If your company file is corrupted then adr copy of the file must be restored.
Method 5 – Firewalls must be disabled.
Step: At times firewalls and antivirus software of the system interfere in the working of the QuickBooks software and thus it is advisable to disable the firewalls system.
Method 6 – Try reinstalling quick books.
- Firstly uninstall the current QuickBooks software from the computer system.
- Download the latest version of your QuickBooks software.
- Install it through the normal procedure.
- Provide with the licensed and required information.
- Access to the company file.
Method 7 – Creating new window user.
- Access to the control panel.
- Go to ‘create new user’ option available in the user icon.
- User type must be set to administrator.
- From the existing window the user must be log out.
- Restart the computer.
- Company file must be move to desktop.
- Now access the company file in QuickBooks.