QuickBooks error H202 is an error that occurs in a computer system when the QuickBooks accounting software is uses by multiple users and when user is unable to reach the company file which is stored on different computer system and QuickBooks and computer servers are unable to connect with each other. When users gets encountered with this error they also receive a message in the form of dialogue box stating” you are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer (H202)”
CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR H202
Cause 1: QuickBooks accounting software is unable to connect and interact with the server because of possible reasons.
- Settings of hosting configuration are not appropriate.
- Antivirus software in the system hampers the communication.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- IP software cannot be located by the QuickBooks accounting software.
Cause 2: QuickBooks DBXX or QBCF services does not function properly.
Cause 3: Improper functioning of QuickBooks database server manager.
RESOLVING QUICKBOOKS ERROR H202
Method 1- Checking connectivity of the network.
- Turn off hosting from all the computer devices connected to the QuickBooks accounting software.
- From your network get the server name.
- Enter the server name and press enter key.
METHOD 2- Using network diagnostic tool.
- Download the tool.
- Select and scan the data file folder.
- Check the IP address and network surface.
- Test connectivity for data file.
- Now open your company file.
METHOD 3 – Connecting server to windows host file.
- Open the windows host file.
- At last IP address place an insertion point and type IP address.
- After clicking on tab button type the server name.
- Now choose save from file menu and select exit
- And now open the company file.
METHOD 4 – Making of new folder for company file.
- Create a new folder on the hosting computer.
- Share the folder setup and share windows access permissions which is necessary for sharing company files.
- Create a new folder and copy the QuickBooks database file to it.
- Now using multi user mode open the company file.
METHOD 5 – Applying hosting to the local files.
- Install QuickBooks and open product information screen by pressing F2 button.
- Now from local server information seen at lower left select hosting to “local files only”.
- Make sure that company file is being used by single user.
METHOD 6 – Using repairing software of QuickBooks.
- If any of the above methods does not resolve your error then it means that your software is severely damaged and need urgent repair. For this user must install stellar repair For QuickBooks software which will remove all your errors at once.