QuickBooks error H202 is an error that occurs in a computer system when the QuickBooks accounting software is used by multiple users and when the user is unable to reach the company file which is stored on the different computer system and QuickBooks and computer servers are unable to connect with each other. When users get encountered with this error they also receive a message in the form of dialogue box stating you are trying to work with a company file that is located on another computer, and this copy of QuickBooks cannot reach the server on that computer (H202).
CAUSES OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR H202
Some of the primary triggers of QuickBooks error code H202 include:
Cause 1: QuickBooks accounting software is unable to connect and interact with the server because of possible reasons.
- Settings of hosting configuration are not appropriate.
- Antivirus software in the system hampers the communication.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- IP software cannot be located by the QuickBooks accounting software.
Cause 2: QuickBooks DBXX or QBCF services does not function properly.
Cause 3: Improper functioning of QuickBooks database server manager.
RESOLVING QUICKBOOKS ERROR H202.
[Note]: There are several solutions to resolve QuickBooks H202 error. For optimum results, perform the solutions in the following order.
Method 1- Checking the connectivity of the network.
- Turn off hosting from all the computing devices connected to the QuickBooks accounting software.
- From your network get the server name.
- Enter the server name and press enter key.
METHOD 2- Using a network diagnostic tool.
- Download the tool.
- Select and scan the data file folder.
- Check the IP address and network surface.
- Test connectivity for the data file.
- Now open your company file.
|How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6150?
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error C224?
METHOD 3 – Connecting server to windows host file.
- Open the windows host file.
- At last IP address place an insertion point and type the IP address.
- After clicking on tab button type the server name.
- Now choose “save” from the file menu and select exit
- And now open the company file.
METHOD 4 – Making of a new folder for the company file.
- Create a new folder on the hosting computer.
- Share the folder setup and share windows access permissions which is necessary for sharing company files.
- Create a new folder and copy the QuickBooks database file to it.
- Now using multi-user mode open the company file.
METHOD 5 – Applying to host to the local files.
- Install QuickBooks and open product information screen by pressing the F2 button.
- Now from local server information seen at lower left select hosting to “local files only”.
- Make sure that company file is being used by a single user.
|How To Readily Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057?
How To Fix The Error 1904?
METHOD 6 – Using repairing software of QuickBooks.
- If any of the above methods do not resolve your error then it means that your software is severely damaged and need urgent repair. For this user must install stellar repair For QuickBooks software which will remove all your errors at once.
Method 7: In this solution, try to resolve the error by removing the (.)ND file and recreating it.
- Firstly, Go to Windows search box, & then type “.ND” and press Enter key on the keyboard.
- A Results window will prompt with (.)ND File, right-click on the file and select the ‘Delete’ Option.
- Once you will hit delete, there will be dialogue box prompt for confirmation to delete, confirm it by pressing “Yes” & the file will be deleted.
- Now, Hover to the Windows Start button & then click on it.
- Select the First Option “All Programs”, there will be a list with all the software and programs in your computer system, find QuickBooks & click on it, then click on “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Then, you need to scan the folder, for that Click the ‘Scan Folder’ tab.
- Now, select the ‘Add Folder’ tab and then you need to browse to the company file folder.
- Once you hop in the company files, click the OK button.
- Lastly, click on ‘Scan’ Tab to start the scanning & once the scan is complete, click the Close button.
Now, after trying these resolutions, the issue may have got resolved; if the Quickbooks error H202 persists, we are just a call away. We have professional experts for assistance 24*7.